Thursday, August 18, 2011

I just looked into myself and realized that I spend so much of my time thinking about what I do not have, that I am forgetting what I do have in my life.

This is a problem that is not only plaguing me but the rest of society as well.Stressing about getting that new fancier car and we fail to apreciate the little car that we do have, taking us to work on a daily basis, providing heat in the winter and air condition in the hot summer months.
       There is no problem trying to achieve more in life, reaching for the stars until you feel like your hands are about to pop out of their socket. For me it is almost like an obsession, to be more , do more, achieve more.So much so that lately I have lost my way, strayed from my path. I have been working so hard the last few months that I have bypassed my bed and moved to sleeping on my couch because by the time I get home jump in the shower and sit at my computer for 3-4 hours, I am so exhausted that I just crash on the sofa, only to awaken at 6am the to start the process all over again.
         I have come to realize that my chase for the perfect life, is getting in the way of me spending quality time with my friends and family. The people that love and support me no matter what.

So starting today, I vow to spend less time searching for perfection and unattainable happiness and focuscing more of my energy on my loving family and friends.

1 comment: